Monday, December 30, 2013

Eating Out Vegan in Brooklyn Yo!

I went to NYC recently to visit peeps and to soak up the City's energy for my upcoming final school semester. Yikes!

I took the Megabus from Boston to NYC, about 4.5 hours each way, and made an amazing 24-hour trip out of it. You can get a lot done while traveling in a Megabus, but sleeping is most likely not one of these activities.

When I got to NYC, I walked around a bit, visited the Chelsea Market - I used to work there many moons ago. It is a great place to hang out and taste good food.


They offer vegan options in most of the eateries located inside the Chelsea Market. While hanging out, I purchased a souvenir at one of the Italian specialty stores found inside the market. Are you curious to find out what it is?

What? No good? 
Near the Chelsea Market, you will find the High Line Park. It is a park built on old rail tracks. I have visited the High Line Park often when I lived in NYC.

High Line Park.
The hotel, depicted to the right, has a reputation of tourists exuding their nakedness in front of its large, uncovered windows. New Yorkers are up to speed with this inside information. Consider yourself warned.

After a few hours in the City, catching up with good friends from the olden days, I headed to Brooklyn, to meet up with another lovely friend. There she is and there we are….

Peace! 
Then I ended up at the Thistle Hill Tavern in Park Slope, Brooklyn. The tavern is frequented by hipster and non-hipster humans alike. No matter where your allegiance lies, you will fit right in. I had the vegan burger. It was fantastic! I could tell they make it onsite and put some creativity into making this dish.

My picture does not do it justice - I took it with my phone. And yes, I am trying to be "artsy fartsy" about it.
Here is the vegan burger in color and increased in size. Cheers!

White bean, cracked wheat and mushroom vegan burger served on a potato roll with salt and pepper french fries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment