Monday, September 23, 2013

Mushroom "Cream Cheese" # Vegan MoFo

Mushroom "Cream Cheese"
Are you, per chance, wondering about the possibility of making Mushroom "Cream Cheese" in the comfort of your kitchen at this very moment? Well friends, this is possible, especially when you have homemade or store bought vegan cream cheese on hand.


I really like Trader Joe's brand. It is affordable, and delicious. This is the company's second, and much improved version of vegan cream cheese. I love it! 
In all honesty, I am not posting a recipe today, but rather, I am making a suggestion on other ways of consuming vegan cream cheese.

Great on a toasted bagel with tomato and pea shoots.
How did I come up with the mushroom idea? Well, in Poland, there are million varieties of cream cheese, including mushroom, dill, tomato...the list goes on. As a former cheese addict, my favorite cream cheese variety was mushroom. I really missed having it, and so here it is.

In this instance, I finely chopped five baby bella mushrooms, sautéed them in a little bit of olive oil, and seasoned with salt and pepper. While the mushrooms were sautéing, I placed the vegan cream cheese in a bowl, to bring it to room temperature. Use as much "cream cheese" as you are planning on eating. I used about 1/2 cup of "cream cheese" to 4-5 baby bella mushrooms.

Chopped mushrooms
Mix the sautéed mushrooms with softened "cream cheese" and serve. So simple!

Cheers! 




1 comment:

  1. Should there be another persuasive post you can share next time, I’ll be surely waiting for it.
    Magic mushrooms for sale

    ReplyDelete