Sunday, October 13, 2013

Vegetable Tofu Scramble

Hi there, 

Long time, no post. I have been wondering around a dark city for days, killing wolves in World of Warcraft (WoW). I know that killing wolves is not the vegan way, but they are attacking me, so I must fight back. In retrospect, I would feel more comfortable destroying hunters.

I am playing this game for my Social Work and Technology class, and I must reach level 20 by the end of the semester to get my 20% of this assignment. Off to WoW land yet again.

Cheers! 

Vegetable Tofu Scramble
Vegetable Tofu Scramble 

Ingredients 
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 extra firm organic tofu (15-oz), drained and crumbled
3-4 small potatoes, peeled and shredded
1 cup white mushrooms, sliced
Sea salt to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon)
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1-2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes

Directions 
In a large non-stick pan, sauté the onion in olive oil, over a medium heat, for about 2-3 minutes. Add the shredded potatoes, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Sauté for about 15 minutes, until the vegetables are thoroughly cooked. Stir often and use cooking spray, if necessary, to prevent from sticking to the pan.

Add crumbled tofu and all the spices. Mix well and cook for another 5-6 minutes. Turn off the heat, add sun-dried tomatoes, and taste for salt and pepper. Serve with favorite bread. I like to add a piece of avocado to mine, and a splash of hot sauce.


Eat! 

1 comment: