Tuesday, July 30, 2013

3-Ingredient Beer Bread

3-Ingredient Beer Bread
Ok, I might be able to decipher your thoughts, indicating great concern as to the taste of this awesomeness that I call 3-Ingredient Beer Bread. As you scroll down this page in disbelief, I will convince you that making this bread is easy. Dare to accept the bread making challenge? If so, the winner gets...let me think about the award a bit more.

Cheers!

I ate a pice of bread and now the picture looks bad ;) 

3-Ingredient Beer Bread 

Ingredients
1 (12-oz can) vegan beer of choice, at room temperature (I used Samuel Adams Summer)
2 and 2/3 cups self-rising flour (not regular flour, found in the baking needs section of your supermarket)
1/3 cup green onions, finely chopped

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 F. In a large bowl, combine the self-rising flour, green onions and beer. Mix well using a spatula. Grease 8-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and add the bread mixture. Spread evenly, coat with non-stick cooking spray and bake for 50 minutes. The bread is ready when the sides pull away from the loaf pan and the pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove bread from the loaf pan and allow to cool before serving. That's it!

*Note
Instead of green onions, add vegan cheese or anything else you fancy.

3 comments:

  1. Can you substitute beer with another liquid?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't think so...hence the name "beer" bread. I believe the yeast in the "beer" is required.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi anonymous, the beer is required for this recipe. I haven't tried other substitutions.

    ReplyDelete