Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Falafel Hall of Fame in Springfield, MA - Eating Out Vegan

I do not usually eat out as much as I have lately. The school break has been the catalyst for this. The door will be closing on this fun shortly; however, I am determined to keep a crack open for Fun to sneak in as much as possible, when school resumes.

Yesterday, on my way to the historical town of Windsor, CT, I had a two-hour lay over in Springfield, MA. It is a relatively short commute on the Amtrak train from Boston. I have to also mention how excited I was to hear Amtrak offers a vegan burger as one of its dining options. Rock on!

In case you end up in Springfield, MA, be sure to check out the town's most famous attraction: The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. Yes boys and girls, basketball was invented in the town of Springfield. If you are as big of a basketball fan as I am - did I convince you of being a fan? - then this is a must see place for YOU.
The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame is about 15-20 minute walk from the train station. 
Once you are done learning about the history of basketball, be sure to be on the look out for The Simpsons family. I did since they live in Springfield, the state is unspecified.

I beg to differ. I really enjoyed hanging out in Springfield. 
But alas, I was not able to chat with any Simpson family member. I did manage to get this photo of Bart though…

You could not be more wrong Bart! I think tofu would complete this sentence beautifully. 
On my way back to the the train station, I stopped by Nadim's Mediterranean Restaurant and Grill located in Springfield, MA, for an early dinner.

They start you off with pita bread and an oil infused dipping sauce.

It was quite good. 
I had a falafel plate served with rice and lentils, topped with fried onions. It comes with a side of hummus and tahini sauce. The tahini sauce is usually infused with yogurt. They will accomodate non-yougurt preference, and the sauce tastes great without!

It was excellent! I had it with pita bread, not pictured. 
There are other vegan options in this restaurant. You can also have a hummus wrap with french fries.

I did not have it, but it received excellent reviews by its consumer. 
Cheers Springfield!


No comments:

Post a Comment